Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Peek -a - boo. I see you.

If you are a contemporary artist who has work that you think is kick ass please shoot me an email so I can get a growing list of artists who are interested in showing for future shows that will be coming up. Spaces are appearing now.

There is an obvious movement toward viewers wanting to see contemporary works here.

The landscapes, palm trees, and fish paintings have had their day in the sun.

It's now time for something new. A city is defined by it's art. Art defines culture. If Jacksonville wants be seen as a truly up and coming progressive city of culture that is worth investing in then it needs to invest in itself before another creative generation leaves for truly creative cities such as Atlanta. Times a ticking.

Enough hiding. Come out, come out, wherever you are....

14 comments:

Byron said...

Please just add your name and a link to your web site.

I mean it. We need to get organized.

We should have a list of twenty artists that we all believe in that are ready to show at the drop of a hat. That's my take on it.

Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall!

Scott Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott Allen said...

Your right Byron, and thanks for being honest. This needs to start soon. Dan May is here, ummm..who else? anyone?

Brittni said...

you know i am down for this. i think everyone here wants to start something...if ALL of us (more than 5 people) would meet up, we could figure out what needs to be done AND how we are going to do it!

here's my info for the list:

brittni wood
www.brittniwood.com

Steven LaRose said...

Are you looking uniquely for regional artists?

amie.murray. said...

hey byron. i'm always open for great stuff like this! my website will be up soon. for now i will cheese out.

amie

www.myspace.com/amiemurray

Anonymous said...

hello,
excited that this is going on!
can't wait to see what comes of it...


some of my stuff...
http://www.myspace.com/stupefiants
http://jennyrizzo.deviantart.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennyrizzo

Mark Creegan said...

mark creegan

www.markcreegan.com

Kelly DeSousa said...

Kelly Eason
http://www.kellyeason.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

I make abstract oil paintings under the name R. Middleton. RMiddleton.com is my main contact site, but I think it's more fun to browse my catablog.

Andrew said...

I'm in...representing motion graphics

A link to my most recent work:

http://www.andrewjfallon.com/jff_preview_music.mov

website coming soon

tone_def said...

I'm up for it. What d'you wanna do?

Here's info for the list. Check out samples at www.virb.com/tonedef

Thony Aiuppy

Anonymous said...

Count me in

Anonymous said...

I am interested: www.caseymatthews.com